Saturday, July 24, 2010

Pre-Op wellness and fitness class...

So on Thursday, July 22nd, I went to just one of the many preop classes I need to go to. I dropped off DJ, dropped off the kids and headed through the tunnel to get to SNGH in Norfolk. I got there about 2 hours before my class because I was hoping to get in the lab and get my pre-op blood work, EKG, and Xray done. Thankfully, I had 10 minutes to spare to get to my class and I was done with yet another thing.

The class was interesting, we went through stretching, warm-ups, cardio and strength training. :) It was very informative. They gave us free pedometer's, free dumbbells, and a whole lotta information :)

Something else I accomplished that day was getting over one of my biggest fears ever. Going to the other peninsula by myself. Let's just say that I am not a big fan of Norfolk. I find it dirty, scarey, and just downright frightening. This only happened after I was held up at gunpoint in 2007. Anytime we go that way, I have PTSD and freak out internally. I am much more relaxed when DJ is with me, because he's my protector :D

Oh, before I forget, they called me friday with my bloodwork results. My Vitamin D is slightly low, and my TSH levels are out of this world. A normal person's thyroid is between 0.04 and 4.0. Mine is at 26.5. :( Not good. So they want me to get into my PCP and get on a higher dose of meds. :( This is going to delay me at least another month. But I did go to Sam's club and bought the big bottle of Vitamin D, and Calcium tablets. HOLY COW, calcium pills are GIGANTIC!!! *giggles* I didn't know if I could even swallow the suckers!!!

At any rate, I am moving in the right direction. Let's just hope it keeps going that way :)

1 comment:

  1. You're doing great sweetie.. the vitamin D isn't so bad I take 5,000 IU a day.. I need to get some calcium to take with mine though.. they didn't mention to me that I needed calcium to go with the Vitamin D.
    Anyway keep it up you're gonna do great!
    xoxo's!

    ReplyDelete